Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Random Musings...

So, I think I have sort of fallen into a bit of a routine, and I'm getting the hang of what it means to go to the gym after work. I even miss it (well... a little) on the days that I'm not able to go. I'm still fighting with myself to get rid of the "instant gratification" mentality. See, I think that you should lose like 5 or 10 pounds EACH TIME you go to the gym. But, again, I'm working on that flawed logic, and learning to take it one day at a time.

I've have had relatively good success in making wise food choices, which is honestly a bit scary for me. Food is a weakness for me, especially carbs like bread and potatoes. But, I have been able to make better choices, and not go overboard on carbs and have potatoes at every meal, and 5 rolls with butter. THAT, my friends, is progress. :)

I had a treat day on Saturday (I refuse to say CHEAT day... that makes it sound illegal, punishable by law with a maximum fine of 3 cups of collard greens every day for a week), and again, I can see progress. I allowed myself a meal that I really enjoy, without thinking about how many calories were in it, but I didn't go overboard and stuff my face for the whole day. I was able to limit myself to ONE Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnut, which is MONUMENTAL for me. In the past, I would go to Krispy Kreme and order 4 doughnuts (2 glazed and 2 chocolate glazed) and eat at least 3 of them in the car before I even left the parking lot of the store. I can't lie and say that I didn't feel the urge to turn the car around and go back through the drive through and buy more, but I DIDN'T do that, and that's what counts. :)

And now to the best part... so far, I've lost 9 pounds! In two and a half weeks!! I'd say that's pretty darn good! I'm certainly inspired to keep at it. I know I have a loooong way to go, but I would say the journey is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment