Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finding the Groove Again

Things were going along swimmingly. I was motivated. I was working out regularly. I was really getting into a routine of gym-going. Then it hit me. I woke up a week ago with the beginnings of a sore throat and slightly congested sinuses. As the day wore on it got more and more pronounced until finally I had it. "It" being a full-blown COLD. Completely threw a monkey wrench into my routine and threw off my "groove" *insert obscure reference to Disney's The Emporer's New Groove here*. Needless to say I was prevented from working out at the gym as I intended. Yesterday was my first day back in the gym in a week, and I must admit, it's been a little tough getting back into the routine. But, I'm determined to find my groove again and continue on my journey.

In other news, I had a routine appointment with my rheumatologist on Monday, and my weight was about 8lbs LESS than the last time I was there a couple months ago. It was a great feeling to see that and to have him respond so positively. I'm definitely encouraged to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment