Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Random Holiday Musings

So, my birthday was last week, and I turned 31. 31!!!!?!?!?! I can remember thinking as a child that 30-anything was ridiculously old. Now, here I am, 31 years old, and it doesn't feel old at all. I feel like I have my whole life ahead of me. All the more reason, I guess, to work on becoming a healthier me. One thing I can say about getting older, is that creating healthy habits becomes harder. It's soooo much easier to just sit on the couch and watch TV than to get up and do something. Chocolate cake tastes so much better than an apple. I think it's silly to tell people to eat an apple instead of cookies to satisfy a sweet craving. Um... hello?!? Apples and chocolate are NOT the same thing. And of course, in this season of holiday parties, yummy carb-loaded food, and holiday programs that talk about yummy carb-loaded food, who really wants to go and eat an apple?! Not me...


Anyway, one of the things that I have wanted to try to help me on the road to becoming healthier is the Wii Fit. But, I guess everyone else had the same idea, because I have yet to find one available for sale that's not $3,568, 984.23. Seriously, I'm not really sure that it's worth paying more than twice the actual retail value, just to get one. So, I settled on an alternative this weekend. I bought the Active Life: Outdoor Challenge game over the weekend. I haven't actually tried it yet, but it has gotten some really good reviews, and has been touted as an alternative to the extremely hard to find Wii Fit. I think I will crack it open and give it a try tomorrow. I will certainly share my thoughts and findings when I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment